This butter sauce is a delicious sage, butter, garlic and cheese sauce makes a delicious side dish and an absolute complete meal. My brother always loved this and everyone else followed so including hubs but not as much, but then he is not a fan of gnocchi in the first place. I am, and I thought this sage-butter sauce was perfect with it for him. You should make one too and make someone close to you a real fan.
- 2 (12 ounce) packages potato gnocchi
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the gnocchi pasta, and cook until they float to the surface, 2 to 3 minutes; drain.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, and cook until the garlic has softened and is beginning to turn golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the sage and salt for a few seconds, then add the cooked gnocchi.
- Toss gently with 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and the pepper.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese to serve.