Fried yam recipe is a recipe that can be eaten with any type of Nigerian stews and sauces. It is fried in such a way that the outside of the yam is crunchy while the inside is moist. It’s always tasty and I like it very well especially when taken with egg sauce.
- yam, or white yam: as much as you can eat.
- Vegetable Oil
- Salt to taste
- Peel and cut the yam tuber into 1-inch cylindrical discs. Make several cuts across the discs to get large chips. Wash the yam chips and place in a bowl.
- Add a little salt and toss the contents to distribute the salt.
- If you are using a deep fryer, pour enough vegetable oil into the fryer as per the instructions manual and preheat the oil to 170°C. You can also use a pot to fry the yam chips. It is preferable to use a pot rather than a frying pan for this fried yam recipe because pots provide more depth for the frying process.
- When the oil is heated, add a few yam chips, leaving enough room for flipping the chips.
- Stir the chips till they have turned golden.
- Remove the chips and place in paper towels to absorb the oil.
- Fry the rest of the chips.