Table of Contents
Whipping up some Lemon Pepper Sauce is a quick and easy way to give your chicken wings an essence of lemony flavor! If you love lemon flavor, you’re in for a treat – this is for you to spice up your next chicken wings recipe.
What is Lemon Pepper Sauce Made of?
It is made of a zesty and aromatic sauce that combines the vibrant essence of lemon zest and juice. It’s often added to chicken wings, pasta, seafood, and many more. The sauce is made with fresh lemon juice(for best result), lemon zest, honey, butter, and hot spice like black pepper sauce.
Imagine a lemon pepper pasta topped with well-seasoned lemon pepper wings. It’s a perfect pair, So yummy!
Lemon Pepper Wing
Lemon Pepper Wings are a delightful flavored dish that showcases the vibrant essence of lemons and the spiciness of black pepper. These wings typically start with plump and juicy chicken wings coated in a seasoning blend of lemon zest, lemon juice, ground black pepper, and more.
Once coated, the wings are either baked, grilled, air-fried, or fried, resulting in a crispy outer layer that retains the essence of the seasoning. The combination of tangy lemon and the subtle heat of pepper creates a delightful flavor profile.
Lemon Pepper Wings can be served as an appetizer, party snack, or even a main course. They’re often accompanied by dipping sauces, enhancing the taste experience.
How to Make Lemon Pepper Wing
Making lemon pepper wings can be done in a few ways, but the simplest and most common methods are baking and using an air fryer.
The Air Fryer Approach:
- Give your wings a good coating of lemon pepper seasoning. (For an even coating, put the lemon pepper seasoning in a large zip-top bag and add the wings. Shake the bag gently to coat the wings thoroughly).
- Spray your air fryer with cooking spray.
- Put the wings in at 400°F and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Turn them over at the 10-minute mark for even cooking on both sides.
The Oven Method:
- Do the same seasoning trick we talked about earlier.
- Get your oven nice and warm at 450°F.
- Toss in the wings and let them bake for about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Just flip them halfway through so they get that yummy golden-brown look all over.
Whichever method you go for, you’re sure to enjoy the dish.
How to Make Fresh Homemade Lemon Pepper Sauce
- Grate the zest from two lemons to capture their fragrant outer layer.
- Add the lemon zest, freshly squeezed lemon juice, ground black pepper, hot sauce, and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Simmer the sauce on low heat
- Your homemade lemon pepper sauce is ready for immediate use or can be refrigerated for future purposes.
Lemon Pepper Wing Sauce
For Chicken Wings
- 2 pound chicken wings or flats
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
For lemon pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (juiced from lemon)
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ stick butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- pinch of salt (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it.
- Pat the chicken wings dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture.2 pound chicken wings or flats
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken wings with 1 tablespoon of cornstarch until they're evenly coated for added crispiness.1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Arrange the coated chicken wings on the baking sheet.
- Bake the wings in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes until they're golden brown and fully cooked, flipping them halfway through if desired.
- While the wings are baking, mix lemon pepper seasoning, lemon zest, fresh lemon juice, honey, melted butter, cayenne pepper, ground black pepper, and salt in a bowl to create the zesty sauce.1 tablespoon lemon zest (juiced from lemon), 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, 1 tablespoon honey, ½ stick butter (melted), 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- Once the wings are cooked, place them in a large mixing bowl while they're still hot.
- Pour the prepared lemon pepper sauce over the hot wings in the bowl and gently toss them to ensure even coating.
- Serve the delicious lemon pepper chicken wings with your preferred dipping sauces.