Prepare time: 20 min
Cook: 45 min
Ready in: 1 hr 5 min
Peanut butter rice, a special delicacy and my favourite. It is widely eaten in Zimbabwe and sold by almost every food vendor and restaurants. Easy to prepare. The ingredients are readily available and affordable. Can take up to 5 servings.
- 2 cups long grain rice or brown rice
- 3 cups water
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 to 4 tbsp peanut butter
- Place the rice in a pot and add water
- Add salt and oil and cook normally till all the water is finished
- Fluff the rice with a fork.
- Add peanut butter and turn with a spoon.
- The rice should be a bit sticky in appearance.
- Add more peanut butter according to your taste.