Fish and vegetable couscous is a simply prepared dish with great complexity of flavors. It is also coupled with an enjoyable taste of summer that may be enjoyed all through the year.
Fish and Vegetable Couscous
Fish and vegetable couscous is a simply prepared dish with great complexity of flavors. It is also coupled with an enjoyable taste of summer that may be enjoyed
For the Couscous Semolina
- 400 g semolina or a bowl of semolina
- 1 tsp salt
For the Fish and Vegetables
- 3 medium fish without too much scales such as bream or grouper
- 2 grated onions
- 2 puree tomato
- 1 - 2 cloves garlic
- 1 - 4 zucchini
- 2 - 3 carrots
- 2 potatoes
- 1 - 2 green peppers
- a bit of harissa
- 3 - 4 tbsp tomato paste
- spices Garlic, caraway, turmeric, pepper, salt
Preparing the Couscous Semolina
- Mix the salt with cold water. Sieve the semolina in a large dish. Spray a handful of water on the surface of the semolina and then in a circular motion mix well to penetrate the water until it is well absorbed. Renew this operation by mixing well in a circular motion.
- Pass the couscous in steaming for about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the couscous with about 1/2 liter of water (for me but it can be more) and let swell for 30 minutes. Unmold the couscous which is cold and without fear of burning, separate by rubbing the seed between your hands to remove all the small lumps. You can add a tablespoon of oil. Cook again until the steam escapes and remove. Unmould, then with a large spoon it separates easily. Add salt if necessary and olive oil (or butter if you prefer), and mix again to separate the grains.
- At this point you can reserve your couscous until it is used and iron it once to warm it up.
Preparing a Dersa (or chermoula) for the Fish
- Empty and clean the fish well and let them drain. In a mortar pound together garlic and salt, add a teaspoon of cumin, turmeric, pepper and salt. Mix well and spread this preparation inside and outside the fish. Marinate in a cool place for at least 30 minutes.
- Clean and cut the vegetables in half according to your taste and reserve.
- Fry the fish in a very hot oil
- In a pot over medium heat add tomato, onions and oil. Add the concentrated tomato and water.
- Add the vegetable and fried fish. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes
- Serve the cooked couscous seed in a large, deep dish, drizzle with olive oil and mix. Sprinkle with one or two ladles of broth and decorate with vegetables, fish and peppers.
- Enjoy your meal.