Baked Mustard Chicken Legs and potatoes is very easy to put together and has a unique fantastic taste. You can use thighs, full chicken, wings, drum sticks. You can also add other vegetable like carrots, onion, and green pepper. This meal is very inexpensive regardless of your choice of chicken and potatoes.
The recipe is simple: clean and season the meat; peel the potatoes, cut and season with salt; place them in a baking pan (you can use Pyrex dish). The juice from the meat adds water to the potatoes to soften them up. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 400 F for an hour. Then uncover the pan and bake for another 15 minutes or until meat turns golden and vegetables seem cooked.
Baked chicken Legs and Potatoes
- 4 chicken legs
- 3 tsp strong mustard
- 3 tsp mayonnaise
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp curry
- 1 tsp honey
- salt to taste
- 7 - 10 potatoes
- Marinade in a salad bowl put the mustard, mayonnaise, garlic, red wine vinegar, paprika,ginger, curry, honey, salt and mix well until a homogeneous sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C (thermostat 6-7) 400 degrees F.
- Brush the chicken with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours
- Cut the potatoes and drizzle with salt.
- Arrange the potatoes, add the chicken legs, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes (turning the chicken occasionally).
- Remove from the oven, remove the cover and put back in the oven for 15 minutes to brown the thighs.
- With the tip ofa knife check the cooking of the potatoes (the blade must sink without resistance), add a little water if necessary.
- Simple and delicious, this one pot chicken with potatoes and vegetables is the perfect way to enjoy other parts of the chicken like thighs.