This delicious seasoned pork loin chops baked with apple cider and Worcestershire sauce and finished with sherry make even the pickiest husband or wife say, ‘Wow!’ Serve with mashed potatoes.” Recently I made these chops one night. Whew, they were so yummy. I tweaked the recipe a little bit. I cored and peeled 2 Red Delicious apples and sliced them up very thinly.The flavor was excellent on these, but my chops, too, came out very dry as another said.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pork loin chops
- seasoning salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen apple cider concentrate, undiluted
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a large oven-safe frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle chops with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and poultry seasoning.
- Place in hot oil, and brown on both sides. Drizzle Worcestershire sauce over chops, and pour in apple cider.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove chops to a plate, and return frying pan to stove over medium-high heat. Stir sherry into pan, and boil until sauce thickens, stirring frequently. Serve sauce over chops.