Table of Contents
Here’s something fun to try with your yams. Enjoy this delightful twist on a classic favorite with our tantalizing Nigerian Yam Brownie recipe! Imagine the rich, velvety goodness of brownies infused with the earthy essence of mashed Nigerian yams.
This fusion of flavors and cultures brings you a treat that’s both comforting and exciting. Take part in our a culinary trip as we blend the familiar comfort of brownies with the unique character of Nigerian yams. Give in to the tease and enjoy this unique taste and texture that will leave you craving more
Nigerian yam brownie
- 2 cups boiled and mashed Nigerian yam
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine the mashed yam, melted butter, and sugar. Mix well.2 cups boiled and mashed Nigerian yam, 1/2 cup butter, melted, 1 cup sugar
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. Then add the vanilla extract and mix again3 eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a separate bowl, sift together the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt.1/2 cup cocoa powder, 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, Pinch of salt
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- If using nuts, fold them into the batter.1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Pour the batter into the greased baking pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and let it cool in the pan for a while before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut into squares or desired shapes and enjoy your Nigerian yam brownies!