Miyan Kuka is a popular soup that is usually eaten in the Northern part of Nigeria. This soup is made with dark green powder sold in Northern markets or by Hausa traders in the Southern markets. The Dark green powder is called KUKA and it is made from Baobab Leaves. Don’t judge the color of the soup, the taste is really amazing, try Miyan Kuka with Tuwoshikafa or any other swallow and enjoy.
Miyan Kuka (Baobab Leaves Soup)
- cat fish smoked
- kuka powder
- assorted meat
- ginger powder dried
- palm oil
- pepper dried
- salt to taste
- Heat up the oil and fry onion and garlic till golden brown.
- Wash and Cook the Assorted meat very well until done.
- Add water to the oil, ginger pepper, seasoning and salt to taste.
- Add fish (wash before you use) and cook for 5 min to get the seasoning into the fish.
- Set the fish aside so it does not break up.
- Remove pot from fire and whisk in the Kuka powder whisk until the powder blends well.
- Return pot to fire to bubble and cook for about for about 2 min.
- Serve with any swallow of your choice.