The sweet, rich, and creamy concoction is absolutely delicious. It’s got to be the fact that it’s created with simple components like rice, milk, sugar, and eggs.
While this is a dessert, it does have some nutritional advantages, including proteins and calcium.
How To Make Rice Pudding
Rice puddings can be found almost anywhere in the world. Even within a single country, recipes can differ widely. The dessert can be prepared either boiled or baked.
Rice Pudding Ingredients
Depending on the technique of preparation and the ingredients used, different types of pudding exist. Rice puddings often contain the following ingredients:
- White rice: Any variety of rice will do.
- The heavy whipping cream adds to the creamy flavor of the pudding as well as the thickening process.
- Spices like cardamom, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, or other
- Flavorings and toppings eg vanilla, orange, lemon, rose water; pistachio, almond, cashew, raisin, walnut, etc.
- Sweetener eg sugar, brown sugar, honey, sweetened condensed milk, dates, fruit or syrups.
- Eggs (optional)
Variations Of Rice Pudding
The variations of this dish are used for desserts or dinners. It is usually paired with a sweetener like as sugar when consumed as a dessert. These treats can be found on many continents, particularly in Asia, where rice is a staple. Some versions are merely thickened with rice starch; others incorporate eggs, making them a type of custard.
- 1 ½ cups white rice cooked
- 2 cups milk divided
- ⅓ cup sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Mix the cooked rice, 1 ½ cups milk, sugar and salt. Cook uncovered over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes.
- Whisk egg and remaining milk in a bowl. Add about 1 cup of the hot rice mixture to the egg while stirring.
- Stir the egg mixture and raisins into the rice. Cook 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
- Serve warm and garnish with whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg and cinnamon