African Mango and Cucumber Salad
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 2 cups chopped seeded tomato
- 1 red or green jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Dash of cinnamon
- 2 champagne mangoes, pitted and diced
- 3 Tablespoons chopped, unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Toss together the cucumber, onion, salt, and garlic in a colander. Let stand 20 minutes to drain.
- Meanwhile, toss together peanut oil, tomato, jalapeno, cumin, cinnamon, and mango in a large bowl.
- Add the cucumber mixture to the bowl and toss to combine. Garnish with peanuts, cilantro, and lime juice.