Stir-fried shrimp and eggs is a common Cantonese dish that will send your taste buds buzzing. There’s just something about this dish that makes it a must-order in any Chinese restaurant. The good news is you can actually prepare this dish at home.
Stir-fried Shrimp and Eggs
Stir-fried shrimp and eggs is a common Cantonese dish that will send your taste buds buzzing.
- 6 oz shrimp shelled and deveined
- 4 large eggs (at room temperature-very important)
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 scallions chopped
- ¼ cup canola oil
- salt and white pepper or to taste
- Clean your shrimp and take your eggs out of the refrigerator early since it is best to cook them at room temperature. Beat your eggs in a large bowl and add salt, white pepper, and sesame oil.
- Chop the scallions.
- Add the canola oil to a hot pan.Add the garlic and stir for 30 second (be careful not to burn).
- Add and toss in your shrimp until they just turn pink. This will be very fast. Add the egg to the shrimp.
- Swirl the oil around the wok thoroughly and pour in your egg mixture. Use a wooden spoon or spatula and fold the eggs gently but quickly, kind of like you’re making scrambled eggs.
- Once the eggs look done transfer to a plate, garnish with scallion and serve with steamed rice.