Fish Yassa aka Poisson Yassa – A Senegalese season fish smothered in lemon, garlic and mustard sauce- grilled or fried. This staple is similar to the French sauce a l’onion.
Yassa Fish and shrimp
Fish Yassa aka Poisson Yassa - A Senegalese season fishsmothered in lemon, garlic and mustard sauce- grilled or fried.
- 2½ lbs fish skin you can add shrimp
- 4 large onions sliced
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp ginger
- ½ cup oil
- salt and pepper
- ½ tbsp chicken bouillon cube
- Douse the fish with the marinate and refrigerate for an hour or preferably overnight.
- In large skillet heat oil over medium heat, until hot, add the fish, cook each side- for about 5-7 minutes until cooked through and crispy on both sides. Remove fish and set aside.
- Heat a pan and fry the onions and marinate juice left over from the fish for about 5 minutes. Adjust for seasonings, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the fish back in the onions sauce.
- Simmer for another 5-8 minutes until flavors come together
- Serve it with some baked and fried potatoes