Table of Contents
Ivorian pepper soup is a delightfully, intensely flavored soup and a quick meal loaded with goat meat, spices, onions, tomatoes, and eggplant broth.
Ivorian Food Recipe is one Ivorian dish that I love making because it’s an easy, nutritious recipe that can be made in under 50 minutes. It’s also so good in the winter months or when under the weather.
Is Pepper Soup Healthy?
One-pot pepper soup is an incredibly easy meal that the entire family will enjoy! Made with tons of veggies, this dish provides vital nutrients while also tasting absolutely delicious.
Benefits of Pepper Soup
Here are some benefits of pepper soup;
- The calabash nutmeg, traditionally called Ehiri or Ehuru seems small but mighty in its medicinal strength, it is efficient in the treatment of diarrhea, relieves toothache, headache, chest pain, cold and body aches.
- It can be good for stomach issues, rashes, dermatitis and skin disease.
- It’s a low-carb meal.
- It is one meal that can increase the appetite of a person with a poor appetite
Is Pepper Soup Good For Weight Loss?
While it is usually served as part of a meal combo, it is best enjoyed as a single meal for weight loss. Pepper soup is a favorite Nigerian meal usually served as desert, but if you are serious about your weight loss, it certainly should be on your list as one of the meals for the day.
How To Make Ivorian Pepper Soup
The Ivorian pepper soup tastes the same in all West Africa but we all have a different way of cooking it. For this recipe the whole tomato, onion, and eggplant are cooked with the goat (or meat of your choice) and the spices; once the goat meat is tender the tomatoes, onion, and eggplants are pureed and added back to the stock and the goat meat.
Obviously, the authentic pepper soup is very spicy, but you can adjust the pepper to you family’s taste. Typically, the pepper is treated like the whole, tomato, onion and eggplant but you can just leave them whole.
It can be prepared with various other proteins, such as fish, shrimp, tripe, oxtail, chicken, goat, beef and/or cow. The Ivoirian pepper soup can be cooked using several meats in the same pot with this recipe.
What To Serve With Ivorian Pepper Soup
You can accompany your sauce with foutou banana or rice.
Storing and Reheating Ivorian Pepper Soup
Store this pepper soup in an air-tight container to preserve it properly. You can store Ivorian pepper soup for a few days in the refrigerator and about 1-2 months in the freezer.
If frozen, allow the pepper soup to thaw entirely before reheating. There’s no need to add water to reheat it, just leave it on low heat for five to ten minutes.
Keep watch and turn it with a spoon so it doesn’t burn. Do not reheat in a microwave to prevent it from splashing everywhere.
Ivoirian Pepper Soup
- 1 kg goat meat
- 1 eggplant big
- 1 tomato large
- 1 onion big
- 3 peppers
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 5 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp ginger
- 1 cube maggi
- Add the meat in a saucepan, add enough water to cover the meat.
- Add a tablespoon of concentrated tomato, garlic and ginger.
- Add onion, eggplant and tomato.
- Cover and let boil for 20 minutes and make sure the vegetables are well cooked. At this point the meat should be half cooked and tender.
- Remove the vegetables and crush and add the crushed vegetables, pepper and the cube.
- Let it simmer for 15 minutes and season to taste!
- Serve Hot