Ndomba is a spicy papillote made with either fish, chicken, or pork as the main ingredient.
The result is exceptionally delicious and served with bobolo, plantain, or any tuber of choice.
This dish is quite easy to make and the spices of this recipe vary depending on which ndomba you cook.
The Fish recipe, for example, takes pèbè (false nutmeg), country onions, white pepper, mesep (wild basilica), garlic, onions, black pepper, akpi grain, and pepper (optional but a key ingredient).
To make, you start by cutting your fish into 2 or 3 slices depending on their size, clean and wash; then soak in salt water.
Next, you finely chop all the condiments. Mix these condiments with 2 sachets of Secret spices, and salt, and add a little oil.
Be Sure to Try These Other Cameroon Dishes!
Be sure to recreate this incredible delicacy. Enjoy!
Ndomba of fish or chicken
- 2 Kgs fish or chicken
- 2 sachets Secret Sauce a choice
- 1 leek big
- 1 onion
- 1 plugged celery
- 2 to matoes big
- 3 branches basil or masep
- leaves of joom
- leaves of banana tree
- Cut your fish into 2 or 3 slices depending on their size, clean and wash; then soak in salt water.
- Finely chop all the condiments.
- Mix these condiments with 2 sachets of Secret spices, salt and add a little oil.
- Wash the banana leaves then make 4 packets of ndomba.
- Let simmer for 20 mins