Fried bananas is a popular desert and snack in Thailand and throughout southeast Asia. Give this crunchy but sweet treat a try as it’s very easy and quick. This snack is best enjoyed with chilled juice or others as desired.
Crunchy Fried Bananas
Fried bananas is a popular desert and snack in Thailand and throughout southeast Asia. Give this crunchy but sweet treat a try as it's very easy and quick.
- coconut mik
- water ice cold
- brown sugar
- ripe bananas
- coconut ice cream for serving
- toasted coconut flakes for serving
- cake flour
- corn flour
- baking soda
- pinch of salt
- desiccated coconut
- vegetable oil
- Put the egg in a bowl, whisk together the egg, coconut, milk and water.
- Sift the cake flour , corn flour, baking soda, add a pinch of salt into a bowl. mix in the brown sugar.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and stir to form a smooth batter.
- Mix the remaining corn flour on a plate and set aside.
- Cut the bananas into your desired shapes, dip the banana, dip the bananas in the batter until well coated. Roll in the coconut and corn flour mixture until well coated.
- Heat the oil in a fry pan, when hot, fry the coated bananas on both sides until it turns golden and crunchy.
- Drain on the paper towels if you are not serving straight away, set on a baking sheet, cover with foil and keep warm.
- Serve with coconut ice cream and toasted coconut flakes.