Prepare time: 25 min
Cook: 25 min
Ready in: 50 min
Fried bananas is a popular dessert and snack in Thailand and throughout Southeast Asia. Give this crunchy but sweet treat a try as it’s very easy and quick. This snack is best enjoyed with chilled juice or others as desired.
- Coconut milk
- Water, ice-cold
- Brown sugar
- Ripe bananas
- Coconut Icecream(for serving)
- Toasted coconut flakes(for serving)
- Cake flour
- Corn flour
- Baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Desiccated coconut
- Vegetable oil
- Put the egg in a bowl, whisk together the egg, coconut, milk, and water.
- Sift the cake flour, cornflour, baking soda, add a pinch of salt into a bowl. mix in the brown sugar
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and stir to form a smooth batter.
- mix the remaining cornflour on a plate and set aside.
- cut the bananas into your desired shapes, dip the banana, dip the bananas in the batter until well coated. Roll in the coconut and cornflour mixture until well coated.
- Heat the oil in a frypan, when hot, fry the coated bananas on both sides until it turns golden and crunchy.
- drain on the paper towels if you are not serving straight away, set on a baking sheet, cover with foil and keep warm.
- serve with coconut ice cream and toasted coconut flakes.