Prepare time: 40 min
Cook: 2 hr
Ready in: 2 hr 40 min
This great rice, stew, and chicken recipe is a perfect dinner meal for a family. It makes every one loves its taste and aroma if combined well. I made this last week at home. You should do the same.
- 8 to 10 chicken drumsticks
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Corn flour, for dredging
- Chicken Seasoning:
- 1 tablespoon peeld and finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 4 tablespoons cornstarchStew:
- 2/3 cup oil from frying chicken
- 3 large yellow or red onions, minced
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced1 tablespoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and m
- inced3 to 4 hot chiles, seeded and minced
- 4 tomatoes, blanched, peeled, and pureed or 1 13-ounce (410 g) can Italian peeled tomatoes,undrained and pureed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 pound (125g) button mushrooms, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh or frozen corn
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro, for garnish
- 6 cups hot cooked long-grain rice or couscous, as accompaniment
- Lettuce leaves, for garnish
- 1 or 2 tomatoes, sliced, for garnish
- Rinse and dry the chicken pieces. Mix the seasoning ingredients and combine them with the chicken drumsticks.
- Toss well so each piece of chicken is well coated.
- Cover and set aside in a cool place for about 4 hours or, preferably, overnight in a refrigerator.
- Heat vegetable oil for frying in a large, heavy-based, nonstick, deep skillet.
- Dredge each seasoned drumstick in cornstarch and fry in the hot oil to seal and quickly brown the outside (about 3 to 4 minutes each).
- Turn chicken to ensure even browning. When it is golden brown, remove the chicken from the oil and drain on paper towels.
- Repeat the process with all the chicken pieces.
- Cover and set aside.