This Peruvian pasta is similar to pesto, but its base, queso fresco and evaporated milk make it creamy and delicious. What you need to do is just toss your ingredients into the food processor.
Tallarines verdes (Peruvian green spaghetti)
A delicious and creamy spinach and basil pesto pasta.
- Food Processor
- 5 oz spinach preferably not baby spinach
- 2 - 3 oz basil
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cups walnuts
- 5 oz queso fresco substitute feta if you cannot find queso fresco
- ¾ cup evaporated milk plus more if needed
- 1 lb dry spaghetti or other pasta
- Toss your sauce ingredients, minus the salt, into the food processor and blintz until its really smooth. Add more evaporated milk to get the consistency you'd like. Taste and add salt as needed, your queso may be plenty salty.
- Cook your pasta to al dente based on the box instructions. Reserve a cup of pasta water and drain.
- Return your pasta to the pot, add the sauce and heat while tossing together, Add pasta water as needed to thin sauce and get it all to marry.