Prepare time: 10 mins
Cook: 1 hr
Ready in: 1 hr 10 mins
This Moroccan salad is prepared by simmering diced potatoes or yams with cinnamon, turmeric, saffron, raisins honey etc. It is an easy dish with an exotic taste.
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 saffron threads, crumbled, or to taste
- Place raisins into a bowl, cover with boiling water, and let stand to plump.
- Place sweet potatoes into a saucepan, cover with 2 cups water, and bring to a boil.
- Add honey, butter, salt, cinnamon, black pepper, turmeric, and saffron to potatoes; reduce heat to low.
- Simmer until potatoes are tender but not mushy, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain raisins and stir into sweet potato mixture.
- Continue to simmer until mixture has thickened, about 10 more minutes.
- Let cool before serving.