If you love stuffing, and who doesn’t, you have to try this savory and elegant main-dish pastry. It is made with a very fine semolina and spices.
Stuffed Rolled Pastry
If you love stuffing, and who doesn't, you have to try this savory and elegant main-dish pastry.
- 2 cup semolina
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar optional, but it gives a nice golden color to pancakes
- ½ lt lukewarm water
- 50 g butter mixture plus 50ml sunflower oil
- 1 tsp oil
- 300 g ground meat
- Spices: salt, pepper, ginger, garlic powder, harissa
- 1 cup vegetable
- 1 onion
- salt to taste
- In a large casserole, heat the olive oil and add the onions over medium heat. Add the vegetable and cook for 2 mins
- Add the minced meat and the seasoning. Stir to break up the meat until the meat is browned all over and all liquids have evaporated, about 5 minutes. At this stage your filling is ready, set aside and keep in the fridge.
- In your robot or bread machine, mix the flour, semolina salt, sugar and add small warm water until obtaining a very smooth dough (about 5min at medium speed)
- Form small balls and let stand 5min
- Spread the dough with the butter / oil mixture, without tearing it
- Add the ground meat and roll
- Bake in the oven at 350F for 18 to 20 minutes until lightly golden