Almost everyone i have met loves curried eggs. When i want something yummy but easy on a hot night I go for this dish (spicy foods go well with steamy days). It saves cooking meat, boiling eggs can be done in the morning before the rest of the day happens
- 2tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 1⁄2teaspoons hot curry powder
- 2tablespoons cake flour
- 1teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1tablespoon sugar
- 1tablespoon apple cidar vinegar
- 1 1⁄2cups water
- 6 hard boiled eggs, shelled and halved
- Heat butter in a saucepan and saute onions gently until just browned.
- Remove from heat. In a small bowl, mix curry powder, flour, salt, pepper and sugar into the vinegar. Incorporate curry mixture into onions and stir, slowly adding the water.
- Simmer continuously for 10-15 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Arrange halved eggs on a warm dish, and spoon on the curry sauce.