Meni-meniyong is a very wonderful Malinese sesame-honey sweet. It’s easy to make and is great for kids and adults alike.
- Sesame seeds -1 cup
- Honey -1 cup
- Butter, unsalted -4 tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Spread the sesame seeds on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove and cool.
- Heat the honey and butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring until it bubbles and darkens somewhat, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir the toasted sesame seeds into honey mixture. Spread the mass onto a buttered baking sheet to a thickness of about 1/4 inch.
- Cool until it is just warm and break or cut into finger-sized pieces. Cool completely and serve.