Prepare time: 10 mins
Cook: 25 mins
Ready in: 35 mins
Sardine meat balls is a meal that is very high in omega-3s, this is a healthier alternative to regular meatballs!”
- 1 (4 ounce) can sardines, drained
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can canned diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Place sardines in a food processor; puree until smooth.
- Add eggs, bread crumbs, paprika, turmeric, ginger, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Pulse briefly until well-combined.
- Shape mixture into small balls.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, coriander, and cumin. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer sauce until flavors combine, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in meatballs and simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.