A delicious pumpkin soup dish with its soothing flavors is needed to warm you up in a cold night. The combination of pumpkin, potato, and vegetable stock yields a thick consistency with a fragrant blend of tastes and flavors. Follow the simple steps outlined here.
Pumpkin and Potato Recipe
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 can 15 ounce pumpkin puree
- 1 can 10 ounce diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 medium sweet potato cut into 1/4- inch chunks
- 4 cups 32 ounce chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 can 16 ounce dark red kidney beans
- In a large soup pot, saute onion until tender, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in pumpkin, tomatoes with green chilies, sweet potato chunks and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook over medium low heat until sweet potatoes are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large pan and brown ground turkey. Add cumin, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to season the meat.
- Add cooked turkey and kidney beans to the soup and heat 10 minutes longer over medium heat.