This is the African version of the Chinese-take out dish Pork Fried Rice. Anything involving rice and pork is likely to be a winner with a Chinese audience (or any audience that loves Chinese food). So if you have a few friends that love Chinese food, this is the dish to prepare to show them your culinary skills.
Pork Fried Rice
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- ½ cup frozen vegetable
- 1 lb pork belly
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 bouillon cube
- Boil the pork belly with the garlic, ginger and cube for 30 mins. Fry carefully and set aside.
- Beat the eggs with 1/2 tsp. sesame oil. Heat up a non-stick frying pan and add 1 tablespoon. of oil. Pour in the eggs and swirl around to coat the bottom of the pan. When set, flip over onto a chopping board and cut into small pieces.
- Heat up a wok and add 2 tablespoon of oil. Add the chopped onion and bell pepper and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the rice, and frozen vegetable and soy sauce. Fry on high heat for about 5 minutes or until the rice is hot and fragrant.
- Add the eggs and fried pork. Stir for a minute then turn the heat off. This is now ready to serve.