This exciting Peppermint liqueur has been made at the Cape Town (South Africa) in history ever before the 1800’s. Yes its Very refreshing! It will interest you to know that I am familiar with what this should taste like because I have series of it a lot in the past and it is close, but not quite. I remember one great occasion when this was a hit at my African Dinner Party. I used the cheapest brandy that I could find at that time and it really tasted great.
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups brandy
- 3 drops peppermint oil
- 3 drops green food coloring
- Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and stir to dissolve the sugar, making a thick syrup.
- Stir in the peppermint oil and green food coloring.
- Allow to cool slightly before stirring in brandy. Pour into a bottle and seal.