Okra soup is a very popular and delicious stew that is loved by lots of people, in West Africa, especially when it is cooked well. Okra soup has a viscous texture which makes it an acquired taste.
Okro soup is a very popular and delicious stew that is loved by the majority of the people in West Africa
- 1 onion small
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 hot peppers
- 1 cup palm oil
- cooked assorted meat, crab, shrimp and fish
- 6 cup okra chopped
- 6 cup meat stock or water
- blended seasoning 1 Onions, 1 clove, 1 allspice whole, 1 cloves of garlic, 1 tablespoon ginger, 1 cube
- 1 lahoin salted fish
- baking soda a pinch
- In a large pot on medium heat, add in palm oil. Add onion and the tomato. Add the blended seasoning, lahoin and cook for 2 mins
- Add in meat stock and precooked meat. Stir. Taste and adjust for salt and maggi. Simmer covered for 4 minutes.
- Stir in chopped okra, Pinch of baking soda and cook for 10 min mins.
- Add the hot pepper and cook for another 3 minutes. Remove from heat immediately.
- Serve with Akoumè