Prepare time: 25 min
Cook: 10 min
Ready in: 35 min
Nigerian Buns is one of the popular snacks in Nigeria. Nigerian Buns are fried dough balls with crunchy outer crusts. It should not be confused with puff-puff because it is softer and fluffier.
- Egg (optional)
- Milk or Water
- Nutmeg (optional)
- Baking powder
- Warm water
- Vegetable oil
- Butter or Margarine (optional)
Things You Will Need:
- Mixing bowl
- Frying Pan
- Wooden spatula (for mixing)
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in a small bowl and mix.
- Whisk the egg (that’s if u will be making use of any) and pour into the melted butter and mix until it looks lumpy.
- Put the sugar and milk in a cup of water and mix, making sure the sugar granules dissolve completely. Pour it into the flour and mix continuously, mix till you get stretchy sticky dough.
- Put the fry pan on the cooker and heat the oil on medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, scoop the dough into the hot oil and leave to fry till golden brown on both sides for about 5minutes.
- When done, put the fried buns onto a paper towel to remove excess oil.
Serve with chilled soft drink.