Prepare time: 30 min
Cook: 20 min
Ready in: 50 min
Another name for Mopane worms, is amacimbi but it is also know as madora is an african food from Zimbabwe. Although it doesn’t look that tasty it’s really nice zimbabwean dish. It may look iritating but the taste is nice.
- 1 cup mopane worms
- half an onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 large stock cube
- 1tbsp cooking oil
- *optional: 2tbsp cream or 2tbsp peanut butter
- Soak the mopane worms in boiling water for 2 hours or in cold water overnight.
- drain and put the mopane worms in a pot and cover with water. bring to the boil and let the water dry out
- Meanwhile, chop the onions and tomatoes into small pieces
- When water dries out, add the oil, tomatoes, onions and maggi and fry for 5mins or till cooked
- Add cream or peanut butter and cook for further 30 seconds (optional)
- Serve with sadza