Prepare time: 30 min
Cook: 20 min
Ready in: 50 min
Another name for Mopane worms is Amacimbi but it is also known as Madora is an African food from Zimbabwe. Although it doesn’t look that tasty it’s a really nice Zimbabwean dish. It may look irritating but the taste is nice.
- 1 cup mopane worms
- half an onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 large stock cube
- 1tbsp cooking oil
- *optional: 2tbsp cream or 2tbsp peanut butter
- Soak the mopane worms in boiling water for 2 hours or in cold water overnight.
- drain and put the mopane worms in a pot and cover with water. bring to the boil and let the water dry out
- Meanwhile, chop the onions and tomatoes into small pieces
- When water dries out, add the oil, tomatoes, onions, and Maggi and fry for 5 mins or till cooked
- Add cream or peanut butter and cook for further 30 seconds (optional)
- Serve with sadza