This particular recipe is inspired by the Nigerian fired rice and also served with some African style fried chicken. This Liver fried rice Recipe is so easy and packed with flavor and totally adaptable. Cooked Liver can be tender, almost creamy if cooked, or tough, dry when overcooked. The liver pairs awesomely with the rice, mix vegetable and African fried chicken.
Liver Fried Rice
- 2 cup rice long-grain white rice like Jasmine is perfect for fried rice
- 2 cup chopped mixed vegetables bell pepper, spring onion, carrots, sweet corn, peas and green beans
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 clove
- 2 allspice whole
- 6 clove garlic
- 2 bouillon cube
- salt to taste
- 10 chicken pieces
- 300 g sliced beef liver
- canola oil for frying
- Blend ½ onion, cloves, allspice, garlic and ginger.
- Rinse chicken, add ½ seasonings, cube and salt.
- Cut the liver in cube, add ½ seasonings, cube and salt
- Cover both and refrigerate overnight or at least for 4 hours.
- Add about ½ liter to the chicken and boil for 30 min.
- Add about ¼ liter to the liver and boil for 15 min.
- Fry the chicken for 7-10 minutes till center is all cooked (outside will be dark, golden brown)
- Lay paper towel on a plate to drain excess oil, transfer fried chicken to plate
- Prepare the rice by rinsing in cold water until the water drains clear.
- Add 1½ cups of water to the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the rice and cook on a medium heat until fluffy. Once the rice is cooked, fluff with a fork and lift the lid to cool down the rice. Spread it on a baking sheet and refrigerated for about an hour until it completely cooled (you can also freeze it for 15 to 20 mins).
- Heat a large wok with 2 tablespoon of oil. Fry the chopped liver first until slightly brown then add the remaining onions.
- After~5 mins, add the rest of the vegetables and continue to fry the mix until it’s slightly brown but not burnt.
- Create a hole in the wok by pushing aside the mix so you can add the cooked rice . Turn up the heat and mix together to create that perfect fried rice dish.
- Serve with the chicken