Prepare in: 45mins Cook: 30mins Ready in: 1hr 15mins
Light soup is a very fast soup which can be made with readily available supplies. It’s often cooked in high heat. very nutritious and healthy as it is made from natural products (vegetables and natural spices).
- 4 large tomatoes
- 2 medium-sited onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 chillies (or more if you wish)
- 1 root ginger
- 1 whole soup chicken – chopped into pieces
- a small handful of torn basil
- salt and pepper to taste (2 teaspoons of chicken stock.# optional)
you can also use any vegetables of your choosing, and other type of meat (fresh or smoked fish)
- In a large pot, combine all the ingredients with 1.5 litres of water.
- Boil on high heat for 20 minutes before taking out the tomatoes, onion, garlic, chillies and ginger.
- Blend these together and return to pot. Cooking time for chicken may vary according to the quantity.(approximately 30 minutes)
- When the chicken is tender, lower the heat and stir in the basil.
- Let it simmer for a few more minutes say 7 minutes before serving.