Jollof Tagliatelle Pasta is Tagliatelle Pasta prepared with flavorful tomato sauce. This recipe originated from West Africa and is a little different from the western recipes. The sauce is made of tomato, spices and the meat of your choice. If you like jollof rice or jollof couscous, you will appreciate this recipe. This delicious Jollof Spaghetti recipe is very easy. You can choose to add vegetables.
Jollof beef and shrimp Tagliatelle Pasta
- 1 box thin spaghetti pre-cooked
- 2 cups shrimp
- 1 kg beef
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp allspice ground
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp chicken bouillon powder
- 2¾ cups chicken stock
- 5 large plum tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt to taste
- In a medium saucepan heat the oil and add the shrimp , garlic, ginger, chilli powder, curry powder, ground allspice, paprika and chicken bouillon powder. cook for 5 mins (until the shrimp turns pink).
- Remove the shrimp and add 1 lb beef. Cook for 5 mins.
- Add the chopped onion, tomato paste, blended tomato Add the chicken stock and cook until the beef is tender (sauce is about half the amount, and has thickened significantly to look like a paste). This takes about 15-20 minutes, depending on your beef.
- Be sure to stir the sauce occasionally to prevent it from burning, once the sauce is reduced, taste the sauce and adjust for salt.
- Add in the spaghetti and the shrimp. Cover and allow to cook for 3 minutes on low-medium heat.
- Serve hot