Prepare time: 15 min
Cook: 20 min
Ready in: 35 min
This special delicacy is very rich in fruits and vegetables. yes! especially fruity vegetables. I remember the first time I tried making one it was not really good. But today I tell you I am an expert at it. Try one yourself.
- 3 papayas
- 2 grapefruit
- 1/2 tin pineapple, or 1/4 fresh pineapple
- 2 avocados
- 3 fillets whiting
- 6 langoustines or Dublin Bay prawns
- Tabasco sauce
- 1 lemon
- Prepare prawns, by removing shells, heads and tails and picking out spinal cord (dark thread running along top of back) with the tip of a knife.
- Boil for 5 minutes in salt water. Leave to cool thoroughly in water, then remove.
- Put fish fillets in same water, as soon as water starts to boil, turn heat down.
- Leave to poach for 5 to 7 minutes. Strain, cut into small pieces.
- Peel avocados, cut flesh into cubes, sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent them from turning brown and put to one side.
- Peel grapefruit with a stainless steel knife, then separate segments. Squeeze or juice one half of a grapefruit and any flesh or pith left over. Cut pineapple into small pieces.
- Cut papayas in half lengthways, remove seeds. Remove flesh with a teaspoon, leaving about 1cm on skin.
- Arrange all ingredients in papaya halves, top with a prawns tail to decorate.
- Mix mayonnaise and tabasco with grapefruit juice to taste, drizzle over papaya halves. Chill for 15 minutes before serving, with rest of sauce in a small jug.