Lemonade is one of the most enjoyable summer drink that can be found anywhere around the world, all characterized by lemon flavor. Most lemonade varieties can be separated into two distinct types such as Cloudy and Clear, each is known simply as “Lemonade” (or a cognate) its a traditionally homemade drink made with lemon juice, water and sweetener such as cane sugar or honey. It is a lemon flavored carbonated soft drink. Lemonade has been promoted as healthful, due to its high concentration of Vitamin C. However, the drink’s health benefits will be highly limited in many diets due to its very high sugar content.
- Lemon Juice (freshly squeezed)
- Make a simple syrup by dissolving the sugar in warm water so that its dispersed evenly instead of sinking in the bottom.
- Extract the juice from the lemons.
- Pour the juice and sugar water into a jug throw in the raisins and leave for awhile (overnight if possible) to allow them to start fermenting and give it a fizz.
- Before serving add about two cups of cold water and bag of ice to the jug. If the lemonade is still a bit sweet for anyone’s taste, chuck a slice or two of lemon into the glass.