Groundnut Sweet also known as sugar peanuts or candied nuts are very addictive peanuts with a crispy sugar coating. Ideal for on-the-go snacking as well as watching movies or reading. These nuts are exactly the type of snack that you can consume by the handful without realizing it.
These incredibly tempting candied peanuts are colorless but have a crusted crispy layer of sugar on top. For me, they are known as groundnut sweet in Cameroon (West Africa) and are produced with only three ingredients.
- Add three cups of groundnut, one cup of water and one cup of sugar in a pot. Place on the fire. This depends on the Quantity you want to make.
- Cook until the sugar caramelises, sticky and becomes brown.
- Stir with a wooden spoon Stir until the sugar starts drying up and it becomes difficult to stir.
- Let it rest on the fire for about 1.5 minutes. Remove the pot from the fireside and let it cool completely.
- Put the pot back on the fire and warm the base of the pot to melt the bottom.
- Flip over and remove the Groundnut Sweet from the pot.
- Use a knife to cut it for consumption or for sale.