Fried Plantain is very popular wherever Plantains grow. In Nigeria Fried Plantain is called “Dodo”, in Cote d’ivoire it is called “Alloco”. It is a very simple and fast Nigeria food recipes for breakfast, it is mostly served alongside jollof rice, beans, white rice and stew.
- ripe plantain
- vegetable oil
- Wash, peel and slice the plantain, add little salt, toss the plantain to ensure that the salt is evenly distributed.
- Set your vegetable oil on cooker to heat up.
- When heated, add a considerable quantity of the plantain slices to the oil, leaving enough room for the slice to fry evenly.
- When the underside of the slices starts to turn golden, flip the slices on their other side.
- Fry till a desirable browning is achieved.
- Remove it and put in a sieve to drain out the oil.
- Serve with Fried eggs or chilled juice.