This is probably the best French toast ever. Finishing it in the oven ensures that even thick slices are not runny or underdone. Browned butter also adds a nutty, caramel twist to the usual maple goodness
French toast with Brioche
This is probably the best French toast ever. Finishing it in the oven ensures that even thick slices are not runny or underdone.
- 1 brioche long
- 20 cl milk
- 20 cl liquid cream
- 3 eggs
- 50 g powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 20 g butter
- 50 g chocolate
- Cut the brioche into slices 2 cm thick.
- In a salad bowl, whisk the eggs with the cream and the milk. Add vanilla extract and sugar and mix. Pour the mixture into a shallow and wide dish.
- Arrange the baguette slices in the dish.
- Preheat the oven on the thermostat 6. Pour the mixture into the dish and let the baguette slices soak for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle top with chocolate and butter. Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Enjoy warm or warm with or without accompaniment