Prepare time: 10 min
Cook: 30 min
Ready in: 40 min
A sweet food I learnt from a friend. If you don’t want a strong garlic taste, feel free to cook the garlic together with the onion. You can stuff this mixture into a pita, add a dollop of plain yogurt, and enjoy it.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can fava beans, drained
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in small to medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cook onion in oil until softened.
- Stir in the beans and lemon juice. Next, stir in the tahini until mixture is thick.
- Then, add the garlic, and cook for a few minutes more. Season to taste with salt and pepper.