Rooibos Tea (Red Bush Tea)
Although there are two types of rooibos tea, Red rooibos the most traditional, popular,and less expensive variety of this tea. The 'red bush’ plant belongs plant family called the Fabaceae. This broom-like plant which grows in South Africa has leaves that are harvested and oxidized to produce the rich colour. When brewed Red rooibos tea is produces a sweet deep red hue-like liquid that tastes like hibiscus tea.
- Glass infuser mug
- Measuring jug
- 2 tbsp Pure Rooibos tea leaves
- 600 ml Water
- 80 ml Milk (optional)
- Pour water into a clean saucepan and add the tea leaves.
- Cover lid and bring to boil on high heat.
- Stir, turn the heat down and boil for 30min, with the lid off.
- Remove and strain the tea.