Easy, from-scratch, donut balls. These homemade donuts can be mixed up and fried in minutes. Unlike the Puff Puff, this donut recipe does not need a resting time. It is very simple: mix donut batter in clear mixing bowl with wooden spoon and fry in hot oil until golden. This dessert can be glazed or served with the classic sugared, chocolate ganache dipped, and filled with an orange scented raspberry sauce.
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- salt a pinch
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- cooking oil
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt and mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour (Optional).
- Pour oil into heavy bottomed pan (dutch ovens or deep cast iron pans are fabulous for frying), until oil is about 2 inches deep. Heat over medium heat until oil comes up to 350 F degrees. Adjust heat level as needed to maintain the 350 degree temperature.
- Once oil has reached 350 F degrees, use a cookie scoop to scoop up batter and drop them into the hot oil. Be careful when dropping the batter, do it from just above the oil so you minimize splashing!
- Fry doughnuts in hot oil until golden brown, turning once. Remove from oil to drain on paper plates.
- Serve with milk, melted chocolate or vanilla sugar.