This coconut fried rice is very easy and quick. Fluffy and delicious jasmine rice cooked in coconut milk, spices and fresh vegetables. The end product is an enticing combination of textures, colors, and flavors. It smells delectable and tastes even delicious.
Coconut Fried Rice
- 5 cup jasmine rice washed and drained
- 6 cup chicken stock
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1 large onion chopped
- ¾ cup cooking oil
- 2 lbs frozen mixed vegetables thawed and patted dry with paper towel
- ½ medium cabbage sliced
- 1 large green pepper chopped
- 1 - 2 habanero pepper finely chopped
- 8 franks hotdogs chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix in the coconut milk and chicken stock. Stir and taste for seasoning. Adjust as needed. Add the washed and drained rice.
- Cover pan tightly cook until rice is done when all liquid is absorbed and the rice is soft but not mushy.
- Heat up oil in a sauce pan, then sauté onions and garlic till onions is translucent.
- Add the Shrimps stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add mixed veggies to the mix and stir fry on medium low heat until the remaining moisture from the frozen veggies evaporates. This takes about 8 minutes.
- Stir, taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly. Turn off heat and set aside. Add the rice.
- Serve hot.