Turkish poached eggs over garlic labneh and topped with Aleppo pepper butter and herbs, most commonly dill, known as Çılbır (chil-bur). It’s a favorite ‘fancy’ egg dish, because it is really simple but turns out really good and more importantly, it is super delicious.
Çılbır (Turkish Eggs)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup labneh or greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp butter or ghee
- 2 tsp Aleppo pepper or other chilli flakes
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp white vinegar or any vinegar you have on hand
- handful dill, parsley or cilantro
- Crush or mince garlic and whip into labneh, until light and airy.
- Heat butter over medium heat to melt, add Aleppo pepper and heat for a few minutes, turn off heat and let it sit.
- Heat water in a pot and add vinegar. Once its boiling, stir to create a whirlpool and crack your egg in. Stir before the addition of each egg. Poach for 2 minutes, and not much longer because you want runny eggs. Remove with slotted spoon to paper towel-lined plate.
- To serve, put your labneh in a plate or bowl and swirl it around to make a little nest for your eggs. Put your eggs in and pour butter over. Top with herbs and serve with toasted crusty or flat bread.