Rice is a universal staple food. Cooked rice with stew or sauce is one of Nigeria’s popular household meals. Beetroot rice simply stands out because of the deep purple beetroot color. The crunchy taste is just awesome and blends with the rice. Go for the health benefits of beetroot and explore the taste of different beetroot recipes. Bon Appetite!
- 1 cup White rice
- Green Peas
- Wash and peel skin of beetroot. Cut into big chunks.
- Add water and salt to pot of parboiled rice. Add beetroot to the pot of rice.
- Cook rice until soft but not marshy. Remove beetroot in rice and shred.
- Add hot water to green peas (blanching) for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove green peas from hot water and add to rice.
- Serve rice in a bowl. Add the shredded beetroot and garnish with parsley.
- Serve hot with stew or sauce of your choice.