This Barbecue spare ribs in the Oven are delicious, flavorful and tender, with the meat falling right off the bone. The ribs are seasoned with aromatic spices like garlic, paprika, pepper and sweetened with brown sugar, honey and ketchup. Furthermore, the acidity in the tomato and cider vinegar balances out the sweetness and give the spare ribs slightly tart flavor. You can also use your favorite spicy chili flakes or powder to add heat and quick.
The spare ribs are steamed to breakdown the meat, and oven baked (or grilled them).
Oven Cooked Spare Ribs
- 3 lbs baby back ribs
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tomato
- ½ onion
- 2 tsp ketchup
- ⅓ cup cider vinegar
- 5 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp paprika sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp hot sauce optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Blend all the ingredients except for the ribs.
- Remove the white membrane from the back side of the ribs (the side with less meat). It should pull off easily. Rinse ribs under cold water and lemon
- In a saucepan, mix the rib and the blended ingredients. Cook for 40 mins.
- Remove the ribs and save the tomato mixture.
- Place ribs on a foil lined tray. Bake ribs for 30 minutes.
- Grill or broil over medium high heat 5-10 minutes.
- Serve warm with the tomato mixture Akpan, Ablo, Jollof rice, Alloco…