This baked teriyaki chicken is a much requested chicken recipe! everywhere in town and its very easy to double for a large group. Not leaving out the fact that it is indeed veery Delicious! I introduced it to some new friends in town recently and they said that they loved it and wanted to have some more later on. Indeed this is a really good one. Definitely double the sauce. Something different I did was to use lite soy sauce to cut the salt, and then I increased the garlic, used 1 tea spoonful. minced fresh ginger. Follow my directions below to get something great tonight
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 skinless chicken thighs
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cornstarch, cold water, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and ground black pepper.
- Let simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place chicken pieces in a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Brush chicken with the sauce. Turn pieces over, and brush again.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Turn pieces over, and bake for another 30 minutes, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Brush with sauce every 10 minutes during cooking.