Tostones are crispy fried plantains. A plantain is a very firm banana. Serve as side dish with your meal or as appetizers. This recipe is easy to make because you just have to do four things: fry, smash, fry, salt.
Tostones- Fried green plantains
Crispy fried plantains. A plantain is a very firm banana. Serve as side dish with your meal or as appetizers.
- 1 bunch Green Plantains
- Vegetable Oil
- Peel the plantain by Slicing through the skin lengthwise and pulling the peel off.
- Chop crosswise into roughly one-inch pieces.
- Heat enough oil to half cover the pieces over high heat in a pan. Fry, turning occasionally, until cooked through, and remove to a paper towel-lined plate with a slotted spoon.
- Smash your plantain pieces using a flat surface, like the bottom of a small pot or plate.
- Place them back into the hot oil and fry until crisp and golden.
- Salt and serve